Monday, March 7, 2011

My Favorite Chef



Since I've become cookbook crazy I've fallen in love with Tyler Florence. Not only is he wonderful to look at but he's a brilliant chef. His cookbooks have fantastic recipes that are sooo easy to follow. You can definitely tell he's writing them with the home cook in mind. If you've never picked up one of his cookbooks, you should. There is something for everyone in them. He offers a wide variety of recipes for a wide variety of occasions.

So my question to everyone reading this is: What is your favorite cookbook or Chef?

Much Love!
 -Jess

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I do like Tyler, but I love Bobby Flay's spicy dishes. With kids I try to at least make a couple things during the week that they can eat along with us, but the other days are the reason PBJ was invented. :) My hubby and I really like spice and Bobby's dishes have that.

    I also really like Ina Garten. She uses simple, but REALLY good ingredients. Claire Robinson (5 Ingredient Fix) has grown on me too. I've made a couple of her recipes now and surprisingly enough...I've really liked them. I made a compound butter chicken recipe that she had on her show not too long ago...blog to come later!

    Looking forward to hearing about other readers favorites. We would be more than happy to test out some recipes for you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it isn't very advanced, but I *love* my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. I got the Pink plaid edition to support Breast Cancer Awareness. I love opening it and finding new recipes and rediscovering ones that my mom or grandma made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somshine21 - YES! The binder Better Homes & Garden Cook Book is absolutely an all time favorite. I have the 75th anniversary edition and my hubby has the Grilling Edition! GREAT BOOKS!!!

    My all time favorite cookbook is that same book, but the First Edition dating back to 1953. That book along with the First Edition Betty Crocker's New Picture Cook Book (1961) were handed down to me by my Grandmother. They smell like smoke and have yellow brittle pages because of it, but I wouldn't want them any other way. That was my grandma! Hmm....I just may blog about them sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete