Monday, April 25, 2011

Roasted Garlic

I'm back and feeling soooo much better. It turns out that I had a severe sinus infection and it kicked my butt for about a week and a half. But after the old faithful Z-Pack and lots and lots of sleep I'm back in the kitchen!

I made a fabulous meal that I was super excited about for Easter Sunday! But since that blog would be way too long I decided to break each dish from the meal into a separate blog.

I started with roasted garlic to put on rustic bread. And it turned out beautifully. It's a super easy recipe to make and it ups the caliber of just plain old bread or store bought garlic bread.

Roasted Garlic:
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
*Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
This is what it should look like before roasting.
*Place the garlic heads in a baking pan; muffin pans work well for this purpose. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
*Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself. Use a small small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a cocktail fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
*Eat as is or mash with a fork and use for cooking. Can be spread over warm French bread, mixed with sour cream for a topping for baked potatoes, or mixed in with Parmesan and pasta.


This is the end result! Delicious!!!
 This is definitely my new favorite and easiest recipe! I promise once you've tried it you won't ever go back to frozen garlic bread again! :)

Much Love and Deliciously Bad Breath,
-Jess





No comments:

Post a Comment