Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Gold Medal

I love pasta! Who doesn't? For my birthday which was February 6th my mom and dad got me a pasta maker...that I've never used!?!!??!?? I know...ridiculous! But last week on my day off I was feeling adventurous. And I also felt like if I'm really going to get back into cooking all the time the way to do it was to get back to the basics and challenge myself. So I got on youtube and found a how to video. And then spent the rest of my afternoon getting back to the basics of what we all love and tackling my cooking "gold medal" The result was homemade pasta and homemade sauce.

Typically my posts include recipes and how to's, but I thought the best thing to do would be to include the video I watched... Pasta How To Video Maybe one day eventually I will have mastered the art of homemade pasta and will then post a recipe of my own, but until then you're all getting a youtube video too. :)

And I'll also put up the pics I took!












It turned out amazingly delicious! And was a lot easier to make than I thought it would be. (Just time consuming.) So, if you don't own a pasta maker I suggest you go out and buy one! 

Lots of Love,
  Jess

2 comments:

  1. Did you get positively giddy after making it? I would've! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! It was a little ridiculous how excited I was! And I've spent the last week looking up different kinds of pasta and sauces that I want to try next.

    ReplyDelete